Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Help Your Weight-Loss Efforts: Avoid Wearing Black Colored Clothes

Right now I bet many of you are saying, what? But I'm serious, I stopped wearing black colored clothes many years ago. Why? Because it makes you look thinner. But wait, that's one of the benefits of wearing black colored clothes, right?

Nope, it's not a benefit to me, and after reading this post, I'm hoping that you won't continue to view it as a benefit to you either. My purpose is to "lose" weight, not just "look" thinner. Wearing black creates an illusion, stop wearing it. Let your flaws show, and gain motivation from them.

The more I see my stomach creeping over my waistband, the more I become aware of how serious I need to remain in order win the battle over my body-fat. Wearing black colored clothes makes it too easy to accept the illusion of making progress, or hide the fact that you are losing progress in your fight against fat-loss.

Photo courtesy of en.wikipedia.org-Hustvedt

It creates a level of comfort that is counterproductive. If you stop wearing black colored clothes, you will gain access to a place of motivation within yourself that you never knew existed. Don't get me wrong, I do wear black clothes, just not outside.

I don't expect you to take not wearing black colored clothes to the extent that I do to find more motivation for your fat loss efforts, but I do have a suggestion. If you wear black while you're at home, stop. Allow yourself to see your body-fat stores, and take what you see as a reminder.

A reminder of what you will eventually defeat, no matter how challenging it is or how long it takes. We live in a quick-fix for everything society, yet there are no quick fixes for stored body-fat. The only way to eliminate it is to burn it off by way of diet and exercise. And it definitely can't be disguised, not forever that is. Let's go.

No comments :

Post a Comment

document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);