Friday, July 11, 2014

Workout Less and Burn More Fat with Interval Training

HIIT (high intensity interval training) and Interval Training have no equals when it comes to burning unwanted body fat. If your current cardio routine isn't burning fat to your satisfaction, switch to one of these, they will. A few years ago I added a consistent "Interval Training" routine to my fairly clean diet.

After a few weeks, the results were undeniable. I was carrying less body fat, and my cardiovascular fitness had improved. I have tried many cardio routines, but I've never experienced results like that, except for the cardiovascular fitness. I was hooked.

After reading about "High Intensity Interval Training," I decided to give Interval Training a try. Both forms consist of equal intervals of high and low intensity cardio, like running full speed for thirty seconds followed by thirty seconds of walking. An effective session can last anywhere from ten to forty minutes.


What I liked most about these forms of cardio was that they claimed to burn fat while sparing muscle. And since I wanted to train at home but didn't own a treadmill or any other piece of cardiovascular training equipment, I used my homemade aerobic stepper along with an Interval Training app on my smartphone.

My Interval Training sessions were fairly short (15 minutes) with both high and low intervals of 20 seconds. My exercise of choice was running in place, then stepping on and off of my homemade aerobic stepper during low intervals.

I trained without the aid of fat burners too. I performed two Interval Training sessions per day, one before breakfast and one a few hours before bed. My decision to take a chance on Interval Training was one of the best that I've made along my journey towards fitness.

You can create your own Interval training routine with your favorite form of cardio, like bike riding, elliptical training, rope jumping, running, etc. Challenge yourself to one week of Interval Training (high or low intensity) along with a clean diet, I bet you'll be hooked once you see the results.

No comments :

Post a Comment

document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);