Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lose Fat Faster by Not Eating This Food Group

Years ago, my focus shifted from trying to get ripped after bulking cycles to simply eating as clean a diet as I could each and every day. But no matter how clean I ate or how much cardio I did, I have never been able to get below 13 of 14 percent body fat.

A few blog posts back, I talked about my having stopped eating meat because I felt it would be healthier for me. So far, my experience with eating a vegetarian diet has been nothing but positive. The most obvious result being a consistent drop in body-fat, and it didn't take any physical effort on my part.

You see, this drop in body-fat occurred even without cardiovascular training. So based upon my success at losing fat while eating a vegetarian diet, I am suggesting to those who may have had difficulties losing fat in the past to stop eating meat during their next attempt.

I am not suggesting you become a vegetarian. Just try one week without eating meat and see if you don't get better fat-loss results, I know you will. If you're still not satisfied with your results after the first week, eat meat the next week and then skip meat the following week. Then compare those weeks against each other to see where you got the most results. I bet it will be your vegetarian week.

Courtesy of Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson Flickr

Why am I so sure that not eating meat while losing fat will work for you? Because of the further reduction in useless fat and saturated fat calories. And for those who might be concerned about not getting enough protein to help spare muscle tissue while losing fat, don't be. There is a long list of quality non-meat protein sources for you to choose from.

You can replace meat protein with whey protein powder, milk, ricotta cheese, and nuts. Since you won't be working out hard while losing fat, there's really no reason to worry about losing any more muscle than you are going to lose anyway. There is no way to avoid muscle loss entirely while dieting.

Eating a vegetarian diet while losing fat is a great way to further reduce the amount of calories that you consume. This will result in a faster reduction in body-fat, and you can easily replace those meat protein calories with a quality protein of fewer calories. So the next time you set out to lose fat, eat a vegetarian diet, and get faster results. Let's go.

No comments :

Post a Comment

document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);