Tuesday, July 8, 2014

How to Energize Your Workouts Without the Use of Thermogenics

It's not uncommon for our bodies to become sluggish during hard workouts or while we're on a diet. But feeling sluggish can make your fitness goals seem impossible to achieve because all you're going to be thinking about is how to get the energy you crave.

This craving can lead many to consider the use of Thermogenics. But before I talk about fueling your body without the aid of Thermogenics, I'm going to share my experience with their use. I started using Thermogenics in 1993, my choice was the original Twinlab Ripped Fuel, the formula that contained ephedrine.

I used to hangout in a nutrition shop back then and would pick the owner's brain about which products I should buy to help me reach whatever fitness goal I had. After I explained to him how I was determined to get ripped, he strolled to the shelf and returned with a bottle of Ripped Fuel.
Photo courtesy of - nutritionunplugged.com
I took one look at the shredded abs on the Ripped Fuel model, bought the bottle and left the store with dreams of having ripped abs and a single digit body fat percentage. Not too long after taking Ripped Fuel, I gave it a new name; "Rocket Fuel."

If you've ever tried the original Ripped Fuel, you probably know why. I mean I could workout at max effort for two hours easy, without fatigue or hunger. In fact, Ripped Fuel worked so good that I would forget to eat for several hours at a time.

Even when I tried to eat I couldn't, because I had no appetite. Within three months, I was so small I didn't even look like I trained with weights. Then I came across an article in a bodybuilding magazine where a professional bodybuilder explained how "they" use Thermogenics.

He said professional bodybuilders use Thermogenics to help shed those stubborn pounds of fat and excess water in the last week or so before taking the stage for a competition. Something like five pounds or under I think he said. He added; "if you use them for the purpose of losing large amounts of weight, they will work against your efforts."

Shortly after that I started reading magazines that were geared toward natural bodybuilding. That's where I learned about complex carbohydrates and how they provide sustained energy to help get you through workouts, plus they make you feel full so that you can stick to your diet.

My favorite complex carbohydrate is Steel Cut Oats. If you haven't tried them go for it, I bet you'll love them. Unlike rolled oats, Steel Cut Oats are simply chopped, which leaves them with all of their nutrients. You can find them at most major supermarkets for under $5 a carton. Here is a short list of complex carbohydrates.
  • 100 percent Whole Grain Products
  • Beans
  • Broccoli
  • Spinach
  • Apples
  • Brown Rice
  • Wild Rice
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Melons
  • Kashi
  • Couscous
  • Yams
Don't expect to get a rush of energy from eating good carbs; do expect a sustained level of energy without the crash. If you want a rush of energy to help get you through workouts, drink a cup of black coffee, it works. And if you do decide to use Thermogenics, lose as much weight as you can on your own beforehand, and your results will be much better.

No comments :

Post a Comment

document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);