Friday, July 25, 2014

Where to Find More Motivation to Workout

Finding the motivation that we need to begin or stick to a workout can be difficult at times. Motivation can come from within ourselves, or from someone else's wise or encouraging words. But these aren't the only places where we can find it. Motivation can also come from certain situations, we just need to recognize and take advantage of them while we are in them.

When I first began working out, I was motivated by the many articles that I read in Iron Magazine. Back then, I actually thought that if I trained like those professional bodybuilders who were featured in it, I would get as big and ripped as they were. When I found out different, I had to find my motivation elsewhere.

These days, I am motivated to workout and eat right because of this simple fact; it is the best thing for me. You should use this fact as a way stay motivated as well. Another way that you can find motivation is to stay aware of how your body might try and take the easy way out of everyday physical situations.

We must train our bodies to welcome physical activity. Example: if you're standing in a long checkout line with one item, and most of the shoppers ahead of you have full carts, never accept an invitation to go ahead of someone. Your body needs to learn how to tolerate these minor inconveniences.

Photo courtesy of Pixabay.com

Then, and only then will your body and mind accept you starting a workout program, or doing your workout instead of looking for an excuse to skip it. And while you're standing in that line, stand straight, refuse to shift your weight to one leg. If you have a shopping cart, resist the urge to lean on its handle. And tell yourself that you love every second of it. Because you should.

This is how you motivate your body and mind. You and only you are in control of when it can rest, or when it is tired. I came to realize that most of the times that I've convinced myself that I was tired, I wasn't. In fact, I wasn't even close being tired. Another way to get your body and mind motivated is to stand whenever it is easier to sit down.

Say you're buying new tires for your vehicle, and you are in that waiting room full of empty chairs. It's going to take at least an hour and a half for the mechanic to mount the tires onto your vehicle's rims; stand up the entire time. Walk around, whether it be inside or out, and after your wait is over, ask yourself if you're tired. And be honest with your answer.

Now think about this; you can do three complete workouts in less than an hour and a half. Whether they be muscle toning, muscle building, or fat burning workouts. This is how you find that reservoir of motivation to either begin, or stick to a workout and diet program. So the best place to find more motivation to workout is in those everyday situations which cause "minor" inconveniences. Let's go.

No comments :

Post a Comment

document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);