Friday, August 8, 2014

Lose Fat Without Getting Hungry, Eat Nature's Appetite Suppressants

If you can't curb your appetite while on a fat loss diet, you will never reach your goal. Even if you have the willpower to resist eating between meals, too much hunger could lead to overeating at your next meal. Getting hungry between diet meals used to be my greatest challenge, until I discovered appetite suppressants.

Thermogenic pills were my first choice, and they worked. In fact, they worked so well that I had no appetite while taking them. Unfortunately, when my appetite finally returned, I found it impossible to resist overeating. But my lack of success with thermogenic pills doesn't mean they won't work for you.

Photo courtesy of Commons.WikiMedia.org

My next attempt was the use of natural appetite suppressants (foods). I don't remember where it was that I learned about foods which also suppress the appetite, but it was most likely by way of an Internet search. Now for a short list of natural appetite suppressants.

  1. Apples: Apples are packed with fiber, pectin, and water, which keeps your stomach feeling full. I find that after snacking on a delicious apple, I'm able to go an extra two hours easy before my next meal.
  2. Oatmeal: Oatmeal can help increase the levels of the appetite-regulating hormone cholecystokinin. Steel cut oats are my favorite natural appetite suppressant; my first meal of every day consists of a half serving and a teaspoon of cottage cheese. It curbs my appetite for a good five hours. Steel cut oats and cottage cheese tastes like wet cardboard, but it will keep your hunger at bay.
  3. Nuts: Antioxidant-rich nuts are a great source of good fats. Good fats take longer to digest, and therefore make you feel full longer.
  4. Avocados: Another source of good fats and fiber. You can add avocado slices to your salad in place of dressing. Avocado can also be used in place of high calorie sandwich spreads.
  5. Cruciferous Vegetables: Another one of my favorites for a number of reasons, cruciferous vegetables will keep your stomach feeling full for hours after eating them.

Another very important and natural way to suppress your appetite is to drink water with every meal. Water should be your first choice in between meals if you should start to fell hungry; it will also keep you from overeating at your next meal. More natural appetite suppressants here.

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);